About us and this policy
1. The BADT (in this policy called ‘LSI’) (we and us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We may collect and process certain personal data about you in the course of your use of our online booking system (the Service). This policy sets out the basis on which any such data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is LSI, 51 East Street, Bridport, DT6 3JX, UK.
Information we collect
1. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us for the purposes of creating an account to use the Service, subscribing to our newsletter, uploading content to the Service or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This information may include your name, place of work, job title, business e-mail address, business phone number and links to social media accounts.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through the Service, where this is required for our billing or other purposes. We do not collect or store any financial or card information on our servers.
- Information about your use of the Service, such as your account use, number of logins and other information displayed within your account.
- Information about your IP address, which is not used to identify you and is for statistical purposes only.
2. We may receive information about you from other sources.
3. We may also collect other information which does not constitute personal data, for example information which exclusively relates to your business or organisation.
Third party information
1. Before you disclose to us any personal information relating to any other person, you must ensure that you have all relevant consents and permissions required to enable us to use that information for the stated purposes.
2. A cookie is a file containing letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree to this.
3. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. However, please note that if you set your browser to block all cookies, you may not be able to use some the functionality of the Service.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. to invite you to set up an account to use the Service;
2. to provide you with the Service and to administer and manage your account;
3. to send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
4. to notify you about any changes to the Service or to the terms and conditions or this policy, or about any technical issues which may affect you and your use of the Service;
5. to improve the Service to ensure that it is presented to you in the most effective manner for you;
6. to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service;
7. to introduce you to and allow you to communicate with other users of the Service via social media, instant messenger, email and through in-app notification functionality.
8. to keep the Service secure and prevent fraud;
9. to deal with any correspondence that you send to us by email, telephone or otherwise; and
10. for statistical and analytics purposes.
Sharing your information
1. We may disclose your information to any of our employees, officers, agents insofar as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of delivering the Service to you.
2. Please note that information that you choose to make public, for example by posting to your public profile, may be seen by other users of the Service.
3. We may also disclose your information:
1. if we have linked our workspace to those of another operator, with other workspace members;
2. if we are required to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property or safety of us or of other users of the Service;
3. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your information to third parties
Storage of your information
1. All data that we hold about you is stored on secure servers within the United Kingdom or within the EEA.
2. Payment transactions are processed by a payment gateway, which will have access only to your payment details, which will be encrypted at all times. The payment gateway will not be able to access any information which would enable identification of the payer.
3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. You are responsible for selecting a secure password for your use of the Service and for keeping that password confidential. We will only ask you for your password when you log into the Service and will never ask you to disclose your password to us otherwise.
Access to your information
1. You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can review and change your information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
2. You have a right to see a copy of all personal data that we hold about you. You can exercise this right by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request may be subject to a fee of £10.
Deletion of your personal information
1. We are not able to delete your personal information unless we also delete your account, as we require this information in order to operate and manage your account.
2. If your account is terminated for any reason, please note that we will delete all information held within your account within 90 days. You are responsible for ensuring that you keep a copy of all information uploaded to the Service.
1. We may direct certain marketing communications to you through the Service. However, we will not use your personal information in order to do this. We will only ever send marketing to you through the Service which is based on the organisation or business of which you are a member and we will use information about that business area to decide which marketing communications to send to you.
Third party websites
1. From time to time we may publish links on the Service to and from the websites of partner services, networks and affiliates. If you follow any of these links, please note that such websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Changes to this policy